Scientific Environmental Design, Inc.
High Point, NC
If you are proficient in Autocad and Revit and enjoy working with a great team, then you’ll want to consider the unique opportunities this position offers.
This position must stay in close contact and manage working relationships with design teams, project managers, quality control, and other related business partners to maintain project schedule and design accuracy. Be able to manage the changing variables in a project. You must be able to work with residential building plans and convert it into Revit drawings. Coordinating with project management and the builder to ensure that accurate, details communications are maintained. You will develop heat loss/heat gain structure load analysis using SED’s proprietary design criteria. There are also duct design & space planning elements that are part of the project design process. This position requires timely completion of projects. You will need to demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly in this ever-changing business.
SED will provide trying on our specific analysis process.
Telecommuting and working on a contact basis will be considered for the right applicant
• 2 years experience using Revit, working with templates, families, schedules, space planning, and documentation.
• Proficiency in Autodesk Revit Architecture (currently using 2016)
• Proficiency in Autocad (currently using 2016)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
SED is looking to fill this position by February, 1 2017.
Neal Kearney 704 431 3754, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Architectural Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level – 5 Years Experience
DAS Architecture, Inc. is a Charlotte, North Carolina based firm located in the heart of Historic South End in the Design Center of the Carolinas. We provide a variety of services in all market sectors and have a diverse background portfolio including architecture, planning and interior design. DAS Architecture, Inc. uses 3D BIM project delivery exclusively.
- As an intern you will work under the mentorship of experienced staff members on all aspects of the
- Design and production of a variety of project types and sizes
- Perform architectural design and documentation tasks related to any phase of the project process
- Developing accurate, three-dimensional models of structures
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture (accredited degree program preferred)
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling, rendering, presentation and design software such as Revit, Adobe suite, and 3ds Max
- Proficiency in Revit that includes experience in each phase of design and documentation is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in creating construction documents
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, being comfortable with and able to make presentations to a variety of groups
- A strong work ethic with demonstrated organizational and time-management techniques
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Revit or ability to learn
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and electronic portfolio to email@example.com
Our company (Republic Refrigeration), is looking for a tutor that is capable of designing a class tailored for our specific needs. We would need to concentrate on piping, duct, and a small amount of family design.
Interested parties should contact:
Vinyet Architecture is a small firm located in Rock Hill, South Carolina focusing on high end residential throughout the Carolinas. They do some smaller commercial work in the Charlotte area as well. Being a small firm, they need someone that is self-motivated and able to wear many different hats. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience and either be licensed or on the path to licensure. Primary roles are taking designs from conceptual sketches through design development all the way to construction documents.
They have additional office locations in Asheville, NC and Charleston, SC.
To submit a resume please email Justin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
For examples of their work please visit www.vin-yet.com
Position based in Raleigh, NC Office; option for Charlotte, NC
The primary role of the Assistant Process Manager (APM) is to execute the successful implementation of technology and related processes and serve as an expert resource to a project team during both Preconstruction and Operations phases of the project. The APM is involved in project pursuits and helps develop BIM (Building Information Modeling) strategies for proposals. They lead the development of models, marketing materials, and are heavily involved in training efforts related to technology.
- Assists the Development of the BIM implementation Plan on new projects
- Assists the execution of Balfour Beatty’s role in preconstruction workflows
- Assist the project team to execute the BIM Implementation Plan
- Assist development of the BIM schedule
- Manages Clash Detection sessions and BIM related meetings
- Build models or further develops existing models to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases
- Assist project teams by modeling building systems as needed
- Maintain and expand Balfour Beatty BIM content and detail libraries
- Produces site plans, models, animations and renderings
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs
- Performs laser scanning and registration
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Design or related field and 4+ years of experience in the implementation of BIM/technology, operations, estimating, or related roles
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the basics functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc). Is proficient using or knowledgeable of the following software: Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Blue Beam, BIM 360 Field/Glue, Recap
• The Process Leader working in Technology & Process Development will be located in the main office. Performance of this job requires meetings at off-site locations and jobsites.
Email resume to: email@example.com
BE&K Building Group is looking for talented Virtual Design and Construction individuals who wish to grow in their career and join our team!
Our VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) Specialists are responsible for a wide range of BIM /VDC duties including but not limited to BIM coordination, model based quantity takeoff, assistance in VDC training of other project team members, working with subcontractors and designers regarding constructability issues; creating 2D/3D/4D logistics plans, researching and helping to implement new and emerging VDC related software and technologies and creating 3D and 4D visualization, renderings and simulations as needed for presentations and project pursuits. This position also assists and supports project management in duties and is involved with field activities, working closely with Project Managers and Superintendents on design and constructability coordination issues.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to Four-year Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of BIM related Design and/or Construction experience.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, and SketchUp.
- Knowledge of any other specified computer software or program skills that will be required for the position such as scheduling and quantity survey processes.
- Experience with model coordination, rendering and animation software a plus.
- Understanding of construction detailing and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – verbal, written and graphic.
- Willingness to be given instruction with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibilities on multiple projects
To learn more about BE&K Building Group and apply, please visit us at www.bekbg.com