Electrical Design Position
Position: Electrical Designer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: 3-8 years
Education Level: Professional Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
KSQ Architects is a national planning, engineering, architecture and interior design firm. With the merger of Peterson Associates in Charlotte, NC, the local firm is known as KSQ/Peterson. Long known as an award-winning design firm specializing in the design of Higher Education, K-12 Schools, Multifamily and Healthcare.
Today our firm also specializes in the practice of smart, sustainable design solutions to help our clients be good stewards of their resources–both natural and monetary.
Technical proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office is required. Other engineering software is an advantage.
The candidate should also have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic
- Ability to interact professionally with the office, clients and consultants
- Technical production skills as necessary to effectively produce design & construction documents.
- Ability to perform electrical load analysis and select electrical equipment
- LEED Accreditation and/or Green Globes Professional Certification is a plus
- Motivated to become a licensed engineer
A comprehensive benefits package is available including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, paid time off, holidays, and 401k plan.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Requirements or Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to read and interpret: Construction Methods, Materials and Codes, Site Requirements, Building Engineering and Designs for Architectural, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural Engineering and other similar subjects.
- Must be self-driven and motivated, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and able to Multi-Task projects, with different milestones and deadlines, and have a Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strength in CAD standards, protocols, procedures, Etc.
- Must be able to perform necessary clerical duties based on departmental needs, research, and sort; assemble data and clearly present findings through Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and AutoCAD.
- Understand and interpret building codes, site requirements, and other documentation that may have
an impact on the building plans. …… be able to complete day to day CAD work as it relates to permitting and construction.
- Would like to have three (3) years of on the job experience with BIM/REVIT.
- Create 3D models from samples and/or from 2D drawings in Revit.
Education and/or Experience:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a two-year technical degree and five (5) years of related job experience in an architectural firm, including a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with AutoCAD in a related field.
- Must be proficient with Auto CAD 2010 or better.
- Good planning, organizing, documenting, and communication skills.
- Team oriented.
E-mail email@example.com for more information and to apply.
I’ve been receiving a lot of requests for Revit tutors through our website lately which I typically refer to TPM or CPCC but due to schedules or specific needs those options don’t always fit.
If you or anyone you know has a solid understanding of Revit and would be willing to tutor others in the Charlotte area, please let me know by commenting on this post or by e-mailing me.
Revit / BIM Coordinator
Leach Wallace Associates, Inc. is looking for a computer aided designer/technician to support our engineers in the design of mechanical and electrical systems for building construction.
The applicant should have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree and must be familiar with CAD/BIM software including Autocad and Revit. No minimum experience level is required. Salary will be commensurate with experience level.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website at www.leachwallace.com.
About Leach Wallace
The firm was established in 1990 with the purpose of providing comprehensive mechanical, electrical, and energy systems engineering design services for institutional, commercial, industrial and governmental clients. Leach Wallace’s focus and expertise for mechanical and electrical system design includes heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, electrical power distribution, lighting, and communications systems.
Leach Wallace is experienced in facility master planning, utility infrastructure and the design and evaluation of central heating and cooling plants for such project types as higher educational, healthcare, academic medical, corporate office buildings, industrial facilities commissioning and data centers.
The BIM Director / Lead BIM Specialist by performing routine activities in administration, base modeling, model coordination, and as built integration. Learn and Implement BIM program from pre-construction to project completion. The ability to create clear, complete, concise and correct documentation for field use drawings, using the Revit platform, is a must. Attention to detail is essential.
- Lead BIM specialist in creating model content.
- Lead BIM Specialist in assembling model content to create composite model.
- Lead BIM Specialist in verification of as-built conditions.
- Field verify model conditions in the field.
- Assist Preconstruction / Estimating in doing quantity takeoff of designers BIM model.
- Creating field use documentation.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, with preference for Construction Science or related field
- Proficient in the Autodesk Revit Architecture, Structure and AutoCAD is a must.
This position is for one of the top Contractors Nationwide –Robins & Morton located in Birmingham AL corporate headquarters. We are in search of a Virtual Construction BIM Coordinator Strategist. This position also requires problem solving skills and must have a strong understanding of healthcare Construction. Will report to our Corporate Director of Virtual Construction in helping lead the development and transition, utilization virtual building models and related technologies assisting construction, preconstruction, sales, and coordination. Duties include a high level of communications with our project teams, training of field team members, design partners and subcontractors. Your ability to create and/or modifying Revit Architecture, Structure and MEP building models, performing clash detection in Navisworks/BIM360 Glue, and generally leading project teams to realize the 3D/4D/5D/6D benefits and applying it to Virtual Construction processes within our projects. This position can lead to BIM Manager Position based on performance, commitment, attitude and ability to work with others.
Revit 2014 Architecture, Revit Structure, Revit MEP, AutoCAD 2014, Navisworks Manage, BIM360 Field/Glue, Design Review, Assemble Systems, Camtasia Studio, Get The Point (Layout) 3D MAX, Lumion, Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, Power Point, Project.
This position requires some training and coordination of the work of BIM Engineers, MEP Coordinators and other personnel in the utilization of BIM software and related technologies. In this position you will be required to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Robins & Morton Policies & Procedures and any applicable state and federal laws.
Click here for more details and to apply
Exciting Revit job opportunity with a full service mechanical contractor based in the Charlotte Metro. Seeking degreed mechanical engineer with 5+ years of experience in the design of large, commercial HVAC or plumbing an piping systems.
Please contact Eric Hale, Sr. Recruiter, with The Ray Group at (304) 757-4399 or email@example.com for a confidential conversation.