Position based in Raleigh, NC Office; option for Charlotte, NC
The primary role of the Assistant Process Manager (APM) is to execute the successful implementation of technology and related processes and serve as an expert resource to a project team during both Preconstruction and Operations phases of the project. The APM is involved in project pursuits and helps develop BIM (Building Information Modeling) strategies for proposals. They lead the development of models, marketing materials, and are heavily involved in training efforts related to technology.
- Assists the Development of the BIM implementation Plan on new projects
- Assists the execution of Balfour Beatty’s role in preconstruction workflows
- Assist the project team to execute the BIM Implementation Plan
- Assist development of the BIM schedule
- Manages Clash Detection sessions and BIM related meetings
- Build models or further develops existing models to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases
- Assist project teams by modeling building systems as needed
- Maintain and expand Balfour Beatty BIM content and detail libraries
- Produces site plans, models, animations and renderings
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs
- Performs laser scanning and registration
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Design or related field and 4+ years of experience in the implementation of BIM/technology, operations, estimating, or related roles
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the basics functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc). Is proficient using or knowledgeable of the following software: Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Blue Beam, BIM 360 Field/Glue, Recap
• The Process Leader working in Technology & Process Development will be located in the main office. Performance of this job requires meetings at off-site locations and jobsites.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BE&K Building Group is looking for talented Virtual Design and Construction individuals who wish to grow in their career and join our team!
Our VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) Specialists are responsible for a wide range of BIM /VDC duties including but not limited to BIM coordination, model based quantity takeoff, assistance in VDC training of other project team members, working with subcontractors and designers regarding constructability issues; creating 2D/3D/4D logistics plans, researching and helping to implement new and emerging VDC related software and technologies and creating 3D and 4D visualization, renderings and simulations as needed for presentations and project pursuits. This position also assists and supports project management in duties and is involved with field activities, working closely with Project Managers and Superintendents on design and constructability coordination issues.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to Four-year Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of BIM related Design and/or Construction experience.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, and SketchUp.
- Knowledge of any other specified computer software or program skills that will be required for the position such as scheduling and quantity survey processes.
- Experience with model coordination, rendering and animation software a plus.
- Understanding of construction detailing and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – verbal, written and graphic.
- Willingness to be given instruction with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibilities on multiple projects
To learn more about BE&K Building Group and apply, please visit us at www.bekbg.com
Edifice, Inc is in search of a Virtual Construction BIM Coordinator. This position also requires problem solving skills and must have a strong understanding of construction. This position will be responsible for helping lead the development and utilization of virtual building models and related technologies assisting construction, preconstruction, sales, and project coordination. Duties include a high level of communications with our project teams, training of field team members, design partners and subcontractors. This position requires training and coordination with internal and external design and trade personnel in the utilization of BIM software and related technologies.
- Ability to create and/or modifying building models, performing clash detection , and generally leading project teams to realize the 3D/4D/5D/6D benefits and applying it to virtual construction processes within projects.
- Ability to read and interpret: Construction Methods, Materials and Codes, Site Requirements, Building Engineering and Designs for Architectural, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural Engineering and other similar subjects.
- Self-driven and motivated, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and able to Multi-Task projects, with different milestones and deadlines, and have a Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strength in Revit/CAD standards, protocols, procedures, Etc.
- Must be able to perform necessary clerical duties based on departmental needs, research, and sort; assemble data and clearly present and communicate findings clearly.
- Good planning, organizing, documenting, and communication skills.
- Team oriented work ethic.
Current versions of: Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, BIM360 Field/Glue, Design Review, 3D MAX, Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and/or Experience
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a two-year technical degree and three (3) years of related job experience in an architectural or construction firm, including a minimum of three (3) years’ experience with AutoCAD/Revit in a related field.
Email resumes’ to: email@example.com
Stewart, a leading multi-discipline engineering firm, has an immediate opening for a Structural CAD Technician for the Charlotte office. This person will work with the engineering team to create structural plans and details using AutoCAD or REVIT. Additional responsibilities include, assisting with updating AutoCad and Revit standards, adherence to those standards, and internal file storage management of AutoCAD and REVIT files for structural, architectural, MEP, and Civil drawings.
Education requirements include Associates of Applied Science in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or REVIT
2-7 years of relevant work experience in structural engineering and/or AutoCAD 2005 or higher.
Proficient in Autocad and REVIT.
Stewart is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Requirements or Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to read and interpret: Construction Methods, Materials and Codes, Site Requirements, Building Engineering and Designs for Architectural, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural Engineering and other similar subjects.
- Must be self-driven and motivated, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and able to Multi-Task projects, with different milestones and deadlines, and have a Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strength in CAD standards, protocols, procedures, Etc.
- Must be able to perform necessary clerical duties based on departmental needs, research, and sort; assemble data and clearly present findings through Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and AutoCAD.
- Understand and interpret building codes, site requirements, and other documentation that may have
an impact on the building plans. …… be able to complete day to day CAD work as it relates to permitting and construction.
- Would like to have three (3) years of on the job experience with BIM/REVIT.
- Create 3D models from samples and/or from 2D drawings in Revit.
Education and/or Experience:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a two-year technical degree and five (5) years of related job experience in an architectural firm, including a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with AutoCAD in a related field.
- Must be proficient with Auto CAD 2010 or better.
- Good planning, organizing, documenting, and communication skills.
- Team oriented.
E-mail email@example.com for more information and to apply.
I’ve been receiving a lot of requests for Revit tutors through our website lately which I typically refer to TPM or CPCC but due to schedules or specific needs those options don’t always fit.
If you or anyone you know has a solid understanding of Revit and would be willing to tutor others in the Charlotte area, please let me know by commenting on this post or by e-mailing me.
Structural Revit / CADD Drafter
The Charlotte office of McVeigh & Mangum Engineering, Inc. is offering a unique opportunity for a Structural Revit/CADD Drafter with 1-6 years of experience in the production of structural systems for buildings and related projects.
- Leadership qualities
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the Revit production of structural systems for various types of projects including commercial, industrial, institutional, healthcare and residential construction.
- Experience with Revit required
- Experience with AutoCAD recommended
- Experienced in the detailing of composite steel, concrete, tilt-up, masonry, and wooden buildings.
- Medical, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 3 weeks paid time off and paid holidays
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org