March 22 @ 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
TPM Charlotte | 900 Pressley Rd. Charlotte NC 28217
Technology Round Table – Come join an open discussion on current and emerging technologies to start off the new year! This will be a relaxing environment where no topic is off the table. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Lasers Scanning/ Data Capture
- Augmented/ Virtual Reality
- Fabrication Software
- 3D Printing
- Autodesk BIM 360/ Collaboration Tools
- Facility Management
We will have a project and screen available if you would like to present something during the discussion or share something that you are currently working on. Brian King, with Rodgers, and William Speakman, with Adams Electric, will MC the discussion topics. We hope this discussion will generate new ideas and thoughts for you to implement within your company. This will also be a great time to socialize with fellow peers in the industry! Food and drink will be provided.
Register Here: https://www.tpm.com/event/aec-technology-round-table/
The Charlotte Revit User Group on January 26th has been canceled due to a scheduling conflict. We plan to reschedule the meeting and will inform you once we have a new date on the calendar.
Join TPM and Autodesk as we present Autodesk LIVE. Understand how, with a single click, Autodesk LIVE can take your Revit model into an interactive visualization environment that can be showcased live or shared with other team members to explore on their own. In this User Group we will show:
- Leveraging Autodesk LIVE and Revit to seamlessly go from design to interactive presentations with a single click.
- Learn how to customize your visualization using the Autodesk LIVE editor
- Understand how to publish to free Autodesk LIVE viewer for mobile or desktop presentations
Featured Speaker: Joe Gould, Senior Technical Specialist, Autodesk
Date: Thursday, January 26th
Scientific Environmental Design, Inc.
High Point, NC
If you are proficient in Autocad and Revit and enjoy working with a great team, then you’ll want to consider the unique opportunities this position offers.
This position must stay in close contact and manage working relationships with design teams, project managers, quality control, and other related business partners to maintain project schedule and design accuracy. Be able to manage the changing variables in a project. You must be able to work with residential building plans and convert it into Revit drawings. Coordinating with project management and the builder to ensure that accurate, details communications are maintained. You will develop heat loss/heat gain structure load analysis using SED’s proprietary design criteria. There are also duct design & space planning elements that are part of the project design process. This position requires timely completion of projects. You will need to demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly in this ever-changing business.
SED will provide trying on our specific analysis process.
Telecommuting and working on a contact basis will be considered for the right applicant
• 2 years experience using Revit, working with templates, families, schedules, space planning, and documentation.
• Proficiency in Autodesk Revit Architecture (currently using 2016)
• Proficiency in Autocad (currently using 2016)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
SED is looking to fill this position by February, 1 2017.
Neal Kearney 704 431 3754, email@example.com
Position: Architectural Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level – 5 Years Experience
DAS Architecture, Inc. is a Charlotte, North Carolina based firm located in the heart of Historic South End in the Design Center of the Carolinas. We provide a variety of services in all market sectors and have a diverse background portfolio including architecture, planning and interior design. DAS Architecture, Inc. uses 3D BIM project delivery exclusively.
- As an intern you will work under the mentorship of experienced staff members on all aspects of the
- Design and production of a variety of project types and sizes
- Perform architectural design and documentation tasks related to any phase of the project process
- Developing accurate, three-dimensional models of structures
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture (accredited degree program preferred)
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling, rendering, presentation and design software such as Revit, Adobe suite, and 3ds Max
- Proficiency in Revit that includes experience in each phase of design and documentation is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in creating construction documents
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, being comfortable with and able to make presentations to a variety of groups
- A strong work ethic with demonstrated organizational and time-management techniques
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Revit or ability to learn
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company (Republic Refrigeration), is looking for a tutor that is capable of designing a class tailored for our specific needs. We would need to concentrate on piping, duct, and a small amount of family design.
Interested parties should contact: