Position: Architectural Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry Level – 5 Years Experience
DAS Architecture, Inc. is a Charlotte, North Carolina based firm located in the heart of Historic South End in the Design Center of the Carolinas. We provide a variety of services in all market sectors and have a diverse background portfolio including architecture, planning and interior design. DAS Architecture, Inc. uses 3D BIM project delivery exclusively.
- As an intern you will work under the mentorship of experienced staff members on all aspects of the
- Design and production of a variety of project types and sizes
- Perform architectural design and documentation tasks related to any phase of the project process
- Developing accurate, three-dimensional models of structures
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets
- Bachelors of Architecture or Masters of Architecture (accredited degree program preferred)
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling, rendering, presentation and design software such as Revit, Adobe suite, and 3ds Max
- Proficiency in Revit that includes experience in each phase of design and documentation is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in creating construction documents
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, being comfortable with and able to make presentations to a variety of groups
- A strong work ethic with demonstrated organizational and time-management techniques
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Revit or ability to learn
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and electronic portfolio to email@example.com
Our company (Republic Refrigeration), is looking for a tutor that is capable of designing a class tailored for our specific needs. We would need to concentrate on piping, duct, and a small amount of family design.
Interested parties should contact:
Our next meeting, 360 Field & 360 Glue, is Wednesday, April 6th at 5:30pm.
RSVP and view more details here.
Vinyet Architecture is a small firm located in Rock Hill, South Carolina focusing on high end residential throughout the Carolinas. They do some smaller commercial work in the Charlotte area as well. Being a small firm, they need someone that is self-motivated and able to wear many different hats. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience and either be licensed or on the path to licensure. Primary roles are taking designs from conceptual sketches through design development all the way to construction documents.
They have additional office locations in Asheville, NC and Charleston, SC.
To submit a resume please email Justin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
For examples of their work please visit www.vin-yet.com
Next Meeting: 360 Field and 360 Glue
Both Autodesk 360 Field & Autodesk 360 Glue have become valuable BIM Collaboration tools in the daily operating procedures of many construction managers. These tools add value from initial preconstruction efforts all the way through closeout and final punch lists. Brian King, Gregg Haeberle and Daryl from Rodgers Builders Inc. will provide an overview of how each of these products works and the value that they have added to the company. We will also show how architects, engineers, consultants and sub-contractors interact with these tools on a typical project. You will see how 360 Field & Glue have changed the workflow of a construction project and provide for a more streamlined communication process.
Featured Speaker: Rodgers Builders
Date: Wednesday, April 6th
RSVP here or through our mobile app.
Position based in Raleigh, NC Office; option for Charlotte, NC
The primary role of the Assistant Process Manager (APM) is to execute the successful implementation of technology and related processes and serve as an expert resource to a project team during both Preconstruction and Operations phases of the project. The APM is involved in project pursuits and helps develop BIM (Building Information Modeling) strategies for proposals. They lead the development of models, marketing materials, and are heavily involved in training efforts related to technology.
- Assists the Development of the BIM implementation Plan on new projects
- Assists the execution of Balfour Beatty’s role in preconstruction workflows
- Assist the project team to execute the BIM Implementation Plan
- Assist development of the BIM schedule
- Manages Clash Detection sessions and BIM related meetings
- Build models or further develops existing models to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases
- Assist project teams by modeling building systems as needed
- Maintain and expand Balfour Beatty BIM content and detail libraries
- Produces site plans, models, animations and renderings
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs
- Performs laser scanning and registration
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Design or related field and 4+ years of experience in the implementation of BIM/technology, operations, estimating, or related roles
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using the basics functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc). Is proficient using or knowledgeable of the following software: Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Blue Beam, BIM 360 Field/Glue, Recap
• The Process Leader working in Technology & Process Development will be located in the main office. Performance of this job requires meetings at off-site locations and jobsites.
Email resume to: email@example.com